The Artificial Intelligence Group (GIA) is currently directed by Dr. Yudivián Almeida, it belongs to the Department of Artificial Intelligence and Computational Systems, of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computing of the University of Havana.
This research group has approximately 10 researchers, and the team consists of both by senior researchers, post-doctoral and pre-doctoral researchers. It is a group dynamic and proactive who organize different internal seminars, collaborate with various collaborations with international centers, such as the Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University (France), the University of University of Alicante (Spain) or the University of Montreal (Canada) and currently have several research projects related to the subject of Artificial Intelligence with treatment of heterogeneous data in execution phase.
🔎 Read more
The objective of the research group is to investigate topics related to Artificial Intelligence. Within this area of research, 4 fundamental areas are explored:
- intelligent processing and analysis of natural language;
- machine learning and its applications;
- solutions based on metaheuristics for complex problems; and
From this, results have been obtained in exploring the linguistic and computational issues involved in areas such as:
- the generation of natural language, the recognition of the textual implication, the speech and the modeling of the dialogue, the pragmatics and multilinguality;
- develop computational tools for knowledge inference;
- the interaction between representation and inference in computational semantics for natural language;
- the design of metaheuristics for solving large problems;
- the design of optimal flows or ensembles of machine learning algorithms; and
- the design of robotic instruments.